Health and Accident Insurance
International Student Health and Accident Insurance Policy
To protect you and your family from financial strain in case you experience a serious illness or injury while studying in the U.S., Rhodes requires health insurance throughout your enrollment. Rhodes has selected a standardized policy for all of our international students (this includes Degree-Seeking and Exchange Students*, as well as students who are US citizens whose families live outside the United States). This comprehensive health insurance plan is offered by HTH Worldwide, which specializes in providing high-quality, affordable health insurance to international students, scholars and travelers.
Rhodes will enroll international students each semester for health insurance and will charge each student’s Rhodes account to pay for it. This insurance generally costs approximately $550/semester. There is no deviation from this policy. When budgeting for your time at Rhodes, remember to include this cost, as it is mandatory and Rhodes will only release your official transcript at the completion of your studies when your Rhodes student account has a zero balance.
*With the exception of ISEP students.
Brief Schedule of Benefits
More information may be obtained by request. All monetary amounts are shown in US Dollars.
- Period of Coverage Maximum Benefits: $250,000
- Maximum Benefit per Injury or Sicknesses $250,000
- Period of Coverage Deductible: $0 per Injury or Sickness
- Period of Coverage Out-of-Pocket Limit: Out-of-pocket Limit means the amount of Reasonable Expenses for which the Covered Person is responsible after which the Insurer pays 100% of the Reasonable Expenses, subject to the limits and provisions of the Policy. After the Covered Person reaches a $2,500 Out-of-pocket Limit per Period of Coverage, the Insurer pays the Reasonable Expenses at 100% and up to the applicable maximums in the Tables 2 and 3. Deductibles, Copayments, and amounts above the maximums do not apply toward the Out-of-pocket Limit.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Maximum Benefit: Principal Sum up to $10,000
- Repatriation of Remains: Maximum Benefit: up to $15,000
- Medical Evacuation: Maximum Lifetime Benefit for all Evacuations: up to $50,000
- Bedsite Visit: Up to a maximum benefit of $1,000 for the cost of one economy round trip air fare ticket to, and the hotel accommodations in, the place of the Hospital Confinement for one (1) person