Need-Based Study Abroad Scholarships
Every year, Rhodes offers a number of Need-Based awards for study abroad programs for the summer as well as for semester-long study. These awards can be for Rhodes programs and non-Rhodes programs, though preference is usually given to Rhodes study abroad programs during the summer. Need-Based Scholarships carry an award of up to $2,500. The scholarships are coordinated by the Buckman Center for International Education in conjunction with the Financial Aid Office.
To be considered for a Need-Based Scholarship, applicants must complete each of these items by the scholarship deadline:
1. Need-Based Scholarship Application through the Online Portal for Off-Campus Study
2. Off-Campus Study Application through the Online Portal for Off-Campus Study
3. Application to the program provider (European Studies, exchange program, or non-Rhodes program)
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.75 GPA, unless otherwise specified.
- Applicants must have a current FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office (When you file your FAFSA application, be sure to include Rhodes′ Title IV Code: 003519, to enable your FAFSA to be released to the Rhodes College Financial Aid Office.)
- Awards are usually given to rising juniors, though sophomores are encouraged to apply as well.
Make sure to visit our Downloadable Forms page for the necessary deadlines, forms and documents.