International Peer Advisors for International Students
Find out about studying at Rhodes from an older international student!
The International Peer Advisors (iPA) team is a group of current international students and past study abroad students at Rhodes. iPAs assist new international students and answer questions from those considering attending Rhodes, as well as meet with Rhodes students interested in studying abroad to offer information and advice on living and taking courses away from Rhodes. The iPA team has an incredible wealth of knowledge about what it is like to be an international student, whether in the U.S. or in another country. We invite you to become part of the team and share your insights with others!
Check out the iPAs bios on the right!
Want to Be an iPA?
Qualifications and Expectations:
To be an iPA, you must be Sophomore, Junior or Senior Rhodes student in good academic and social standing and have lived or studied abroad.
iPAs are expected to participate in a minimum of two scheduled activities each semester. Activities include but are not limited to:
• Move-in and other International Student Orientation events
• Study Abroad Informational Meetings
• International Education Events such as speakers, films, panel discussions
• Cultural and other excursions in and around Memphis
• SACK Fair promotion and staffing
• Blogging, Skyping or writing about your experiences
Applications are currently being accepted for the iPA team. The deadline to submit an application is September 30.