Research & Reference Services
The Rhodes College Archives curates archival materials and performs limited research. If a question requires more than 30 minutes of staff time, an on-site appointment may be suggested.
The Archivist will provide the following reference services in person, by telephone, e-mail, or postal mail.
- Give information about the Archives holdings
- Offer advice in locating and using materials
- Retrieval of materials from the closed stacks of “open” items
- Answers to specific research questions that warrant brief and factual answers
- Limited duplication service in accordance with the copyright law of the United States, Title 7, U. S. Code.
The Archivist does not provide:
- Extensive, specialized, or evaluative research
- Selection of items for research or duplication
- Monetary appraisal of collections, documents, books, memorabilia, or any other materials
- Critical review of works for opinion or accuracy