The College Archives contains the official records of the College, biographical material (faculty, staff and alumni), departmental and organizational information and college and student publications.
The College Records are comprised of items created by administrators, faculty, staff, students, and alumnae in their official capacities. The records are organized in record groups (RG) under the names of academic and administrative departments from which the record was generated. Some examples included in the records are the correspondence of the presidents, college catalogues, minutes of the Board, and student honors papers. The completeness of each record group varies with the earliest records containing gaps. Some of the Record Groups are:
- Board of Trustee Minutes 1848 to 1998
- Board of Trustees Executive Committee Minutes
- Minutes of the Faculty Meetings 1848 to present
- Minutes of the Student Government meetings
- Correspondence of the Presidents 1917 to1980
- College Catalogs 1857 to present
- Commencement Files
- Scholarship Files
- Honors Papers 1947 to present
- Class photographs
- Lecture series
Note: College policy limits some of these records to restricted use.