Minor & Requirements
Requirements for a Minor in Archaeology
A total of twenty-four (24) credits as follows:
- Archaeology 210 or Anthropology 290: Learning from Things: Material Culture Studies.
- Archaeology 220 or Anthropology 254: Archaeological Methods.
- Three courses that deal with archaeological issues offered in various departments. At least two departments must be represented to satisfy this requirement. A list of current courses is available each semester. The following courses are representative offerings that satisfy this requirement.
- Anthropology/Sociology 202: Understanding the Past: Archaeological Perspectives on Culture
- Anthropology/Sociology 207: Archaeology of Sex and Gender
- Anthropology/Sociology 221: North of the Rio Grande: Indigenous People of North America
- Anthropology/Sociology 224: Latin America before 1492
- Anthropology/Sociology 265: The Past, Present and Future of Southern Foodscapes
- Anthropology/Sociology 271: Ecological Anthropology
- Anthropology/Sociology 275: Food and Culture
- Anthropology/Sociology 325: The Maya and Their World
- Anthropology/Sociology 327: Gender and Power in Latin America
- Art 265: Topics in Art (when subject matter pertains to Archaeology)
- Art 318: Greek Art and Architecture
- Art 319: Roman Art and Architecture
- Art 320: Art and Architecture of Ancient Egypt and the Near East
- Chemistry 107: Chemistry and Archaeology
- Chemistry 108: Chemistry and Art
- Greek and Roman Studies 351: GIS and Mediterranean Archaeology
- Religious Studies 260: Archaeology and the Biblical World
- Religious Studies 286: Death and the Afterlife
- A choice of one course from the following three options.
- Archaeology 120: Field Research in Environmental Archaeology
- Archaeology 450: Archaeological Field School
- Archaeology 460: Internship