What Makes Rhodes Special?
Rhodes offers a combination of classroom and real-world experience that few colleges can match. Our students have every opportunity to do cutting-edge research with our highly qualified faculty, off-campus in work settings, or on their own during summer. They study here in Memphis – one of America′s largest cities. Through one or more internships, they gain practical experience, business connections and knowledge of the career they seek to enter. Some of our most popular areas of study include business and the sciences. Our faculty, who are scholar-mentors, have the welfare of their students as their top priority. They seek out opportunities for their growth and development, challenging them to be the best at whatever they choose to do.
Academics at Rhodes
The strength of Rhodes′ academic programs is a direct reflection of the strength of our faculty, scholar-mentors who inspire intellectual curriosity. A 9:1 student-faculty ratio and an average class size of 13 mean that you get the kind of individual faculty attention usually only available to graduate students at large universities. All Rhodes classes are taught by world-class professors, not graduate assistants. They know you and reach out to connect you to interesting opportunities that bring learning to life and life to learning – and help you achieve your goals.
Rhodes is consistently rated among the best colleges in the United States. Please visit our Independent Rankings webpage to hear what others say about us.
We’ll help you make the adjustment.
Every student finds that it takes time to settle into college life, and moving to a new country for study can intensify the stress of your first semester. We’ve developed a support system to ease your transition to life in the U.S., including:
- Guidance from the Admission Coordinator for International Recruitment, who will answer your questions about the International Application process.
- Help from our Director of International Programs in planning your program of study at Rhodes.
- Assistance in making travel arrangements and someone to greet you at Memphis International Airport when you arrive.
- A special International Student Orientation to help you connect with fellow students.
- An optional three-week English as a Second Language program prior to the fall semester.
- Free diction and academic-writing workshops available throughout the semester.
- Shopping trips and tours of Memphis to make sure you have everything you need and know your way around.