Dorm Room Decorating Tips
Publication Date: 8/12/2009
Looking for ways to decorate a dorm room inexpensively and with style? Bailey Romano ’12, a resident assistant from Slidell, La., has provided some suggestions.
- Pick a theme or color.
- Bring a comforter from home or buy a decently priced one that goes with your color scheme and sets off the room.
- Buy some type of shelving on which you can place accents (books, sports memorabilia, figurines, stuffed animals, mugs, etc.). These accents could be something you already own or you could buy inexpensive picture frames to place pictures of your family and friends.
- If you have a fridge or microwave, magnets can be fun items to place on the appliances.
- Buy a cork board or a memory board if your dorm room doesn’t have one. This can provide a place for you to display pictures and cards from friends and family that you have gotten in the past and for the ones you will get throughout your years in school.
- Many poster websites are having sales right now, and you can easily decorate your room with cheap posters that go along with your room’s theme or color.
- The best way to get dorm decorations inexpensively is to find something you like and then compare prices at different stores.