It’s Career Awareness Week
Publication Date: 2/18/2008
Each year, Rhodes Career Services sponsors an entire week filled with interactive career-related events to start students thinking about career issues and to acquaint students with the many services available through the office. All students, first-years to seniors, are strongly encouraged to participate in the week of activities. Contact Career Services at 843-3800 with questions about any of the week’s programs listed below.
Monday, February 18
- Resume Blitz, walk-in resume critiques (no appointment needed), Career Services: 9-noon and 1:30-4:00 pm. Hourly door prizes!
- Register to win a Career Survival Kit, Catherine Burrow Refectory: 11:30 am-1:00 pm.
Tuesday, February 19
Guest Speaker: Jean-Marc Hachey, author of The Big Guide to Living andWorking Overseas
- Helping Students Understand International Careers: A seminar for faculty, study abroad advisors, and career counselors, with guest speaker Jean-Marc Hachey, King Hall Southwestern Room: 12:15-1:15 pm. (Limited seating, registration required.)
Thinking About an International Career? Advice for anyone considering going abroad to study, volunteer, intern, teach, travel, or work! with guest speaker Jean-Marc Hachey, Blount Auditorium: 4:00-5:30 pm. The event is cosponsored by Career Services, Buckman Center for International Education, International Studies Department, Modern Languages Department, and Economics and Business Administration Department.
Wednesday, February 20
- Put Your Best Fork Forward, etiquette dinner for seniors, Alburty: 5:30-7:30 pm. (Limited seating, registration required.)
Thursday, February 21
- Diversity Luncheon, Hyde Hall: 12:00-1:00 pm (Limited seating, registration required). The luncheon is cosponsored by Career Services and Multicultural Affairs.
- Career and Internship Expo, BCLC Ballroom: 2:30-5:00 pm. Meet with employers and explore internships, full-time, part-time, and summer opportunities!
Friday, February 22
- The Career Survival Kit Drawing will take place.
Saturday, February 23
- Test Drive, Buckman: 9:00 am-12:00 pm (Registration required). Take a sample graduate school entrance exam. The $5.00 registration fee will be donated to Rhodes Tex Mex. Sign up in Career Services by Tuesday, February 20. The activity is cosponsored by Career Services, Kaplan, and Tex Mex.
- Register to win a Career Survival Kit through Thursday in Career Services (behind McCoy).
- View the book displays in the Rhodes Bookstore and Barret Library.